Let’s All Dance exists to enrich the lives of children and families with live dance productions, participatory dance classes, workshops and clubs, and dance events.
We inspire, educate, entertain.
In line with this mission Let’s All Dance seeks to involve volunteers to:
- ensure our services meet the needs of our clients
- provide new skills and perspectives
- help with the smooth running of our events
- increase our contact with the local community we serve
This Volunteering Policy is underpinned by the following principles:
- Let’s All Dance will ensure that volunteers are properly integrated into the organisational structure and that mechanisms are in place for them to contribute to Let’s All Dance’s work
- Let’s All Dance does not aim to introduce volunteers to replace paid staff
- Let’s All Dance expects that staff at all levels will work positively with volunteers and, where appropriate, will actively seek to involve them in their work
- Let’s All Dance recognises that volunteers require satisfying work and personal development and will seek to help volunteers meet these needs, as well as providing the training for them to do their work effectively.
All prospective volunteers will be interviewed to find out what they would like to do, their skills, suitability and how best their potential might be realised.
Volunteer agreements and voluntary work outlines
Each volunteer will have a written outline of the specific work they will be undertaking. This document is not a contract; Let’s All Dance has no intention of creating a contract with any volunteers.
All volunteers will have their travel and other expenses reimbursed. Volunteers working a minimum of five hours per day will be able to claim expenses for lunch
Induction and training
All volunteers will receive an induction into Let’s All Dance and their own area of work. Training will be provided as appropriate. Where possible volunteers will be entitled to receive additional training on the same basis as paid staff.
All volunteers will have a named person as their main point of contact. They will be provided with regular supervision to feed back on progress, discuss future development and air any problems.
The volunteer’s voice
Volunteers are encouraged to express their views about matters concerning Let’s All Dance and its work.
Health and safety
Volunteers will receive clear instruction regarding Let’s All Dance’s health and safety policies.
Let’s All Dance operates an equal opportunities policy in respect of both paid staff and volunteers. Volunteers will be expected to have an understanding of and commitment to our equal opportunities policy.
We aim to identify and solve problems at the earliest possible stage. All volunteers are encouraged to speak to their named person about any grievances or concerns.
Volunteers will be bound by the same requirements for confidentiality as paid staff.
Let’s All Dance in association with Classic Ballet UK
Registered Company No: 9794278
020 8265 4634
How we use your data:
We will add your email address to our database to inform you of future shows, events and offers. Please inform us if you wish us to remove it.
We will never share your data with third parties.
We do not hold your credit card details on file at any time.